Search This Blog

Friday, July 6, 2012

Nausicaa (Honda Prelude), Walk Around

Ceras Victoria, being wrecked, at least in terms of body, was looking to be a $6,000 repair according to some local shops because they thought the frame was bent. Considering that it drives straight and was not even out of alignment (as I found out recently), I doubt this.

Either way, Ceras Victoria was to be a project car, and I decided to get a new platform to start from.

I bought Nausicaa, a 1993 Honda Prelude VTEC.

Here are the initial pictures from the first walk around.


















The problems:
Minor(ish) dents and dings
Scratched paint
Rough idle (really rough, bounces between 2,000 - 4,000 RPM)
Speedometer / Odometer non-functional
Crappy aftermarket air intake
Cracked windshield
Electronics all mucked up due to being stolen and recovered

But it was cheap, and so I thought it would make a good base for a project.

We worked on the vacuum system some to see about the idle, but I'm pretty sure that the air intake was doing us no favors.

No comments:

Post a Comment