Search This Blog

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Cloud (Subaru Forester), Engine Reinstall

Cloud is my parent's 1999 Subaru Forester.

We got her a few years back, and found that she was losing compression in one of the cylinders. So, we pulled the engine, sent it to a shop, and got it back.

We don't exactly move as fast as we could in our family regarding projects and having things put back together, but here's some photos of making Cloud run again...

I'll also intentionally leave out dates... progress was shamefully slow.


This is the engine up on the hoist, as is the next photo.


Engine on hoist, starting to go in.


Flywheel, clutch, and pressure plate installed.

Flywheel, clutch, and pressure plate installed.

The man in the back there is Mike Leach, a friend of mine, and a great contributor and assistant in our family car projects. My dad and I appreciate his help and enjoy his company, especially when we do things in the winter in a freezing garage.

Lowering the engine.

Engine almost there...

Engine in, time for the peripherals. Also, Mike on the side there.


Intake manifold, A/C compressor, alternator, engine wire harness, and power steering pump installed.


Intake manifold, A/C compressor, alternator, engine wire harness, and power steering pump installed. (Another view.)


Belts and belt cover on. (Air filter box bottom still in.)


Bottom of car. The exhaust isn't back in yet.


Exhaust manifold and catalytic converter in place.


1 and 3 spark plugs installed. Air filter box bottom removed so the spark plugs could go in.


Now, I'm in DC for the summer, so I hope my Dad finishes putting this together before I get home, so I can move one of my cars into the garage... but you never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment