Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Ceras Victoria (Honda Prelude), Pre-Crash Maintenance

So... unfortunately all that I'm going to list here was done before I was using a camera to document the work...

New A/C Condenser.
Had a shop put in a rebuilt A/C Compressor and had them Recharge the A/C system.
I also swapped the original white roof panel with the silver one that had no rust.
Switched to a K&N Air Filter, the kind you can clean and re-oil, which is with me today.

The following winter I did the Rear Main Oil Seal.
Replaced the Clutch, Flywheel, and Pressure Plate while I was at it.

The car was crashed shortly thereafter, I was not driving at the time, though it was one hell of a way to wake up in the passenger seat.
Next Ceras Victoria update will include the crash pics.

Also, I've done many oil changes.
Just to give a sense of what I use on my 170,000+ (now 190,000+) mile engine I'll list what I typically use:
Valvoline MaxLife 10W30 (or 5W30) Synthetic Blend & Lucas Stop Leak
Lucas or Valvoline Fuel Injector Cleaner (every once in awhile, once a year or so)
Wix or Fram Tough Guard Oil Filters

Back when the oil leak was worse I used to use regular Valvoline 10W30 or 5W30 just because it was cheaper.

Post-crash pics next... (for Ceras Victoria)

No comments:

Post a Comment