Search This Blog

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Recent Test Drives

Recently my girlfriend finally took the Scion FR-S for a spin, I was in the back seat, she was exuberant, and it was fun. Better ask her about it if you want more.

2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5i:
I took a manual 5 speed for a test drive. First, having driven both a 2000 Outback (Harmony) and 1999 Forester (Cloud) [Harmony and Cloud are my parents' cars] I was surprised how much farther that 2.5L engine goes in the smaller and lighter Impreza, I liked it a lot.

2009 Subaru WRX:
This car was much faster than the Impreza. It also had very heavy steering. It felt a little heavy but more so the steering was really heavy.

2006 Subaru WRX STi:
Ok, so I'm really glad I did not pick up this car, I would not be able to afford the speeding tickets. It picks up speed so quickly!  The short ratio gear box is wonderful. I really like this car. The handling and braking were absolutely wonderful. The handling was also light and easy to throw into a turn. One day I may end up with one of these, we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment