Search This Blog

Monday, September 9, 2013

Ceras Victoria (Honda Prelude), Tune Up Adendum

So, the car was running a bit rough on the way back from Toronto and even worse as time went on.

During the tune up I may have messed up a little in removing a stuck and rusted rotor that would not come off its spindle. The wires inside the distributor cap were damaged. (Did not know this when I took it to the dealership.)

I had it towed to LaFontaine Honda figuring if the cap, rotor, or distributor coil were bad a Honda dealership would be the most likely to have them in stock, and my girlfriend and I were planning to drive up to Toronto.

Fast forward a week or so later. It was getting unbearable, so I popped the hood.

The top bolt from the distributor cap was gone leaving a small gap, quite possibly causing incomplete burn or miss fires.

Also, they apparently took off the air intake pipe and put it back together wrong. There was a gap between the air box connect and the pipe letting unfiltered air in. The hose clamp by the throttle body was also ridiculously loose. Last time I take a car there, ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment