Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Nausicaa - Project Update - Images from P&L Motorsports (4th Set)

P&L Motorsports sent some new images with some of the work done since the last update on our 1993 Honda Prelude Project, Nausicaa.
Header installed. Details on part here.
Below you can see the fuel pressure regulator mounted.

Also looks like the fuel rail that was recently ordered is mounted.
The images that with the radiator are interesting.
This appears to be a Koyorad Racing radiator. This so far confuses me because it is not the radiator I previously ordered and provided (radiator can be seen here) to P&L Motorsports is not being used. I have inquired as to the model number, price, and reason this is being used instead of the Mishimoto radiator, fans, shroud, and thermostat.
I want to know if the original radiator and fan shroud have interference issues or something. While the cooling capacity of this radiator may be sufficient I  honestly cannot say that I had researched a half width radiator for my application.
At the time of this writing I have not heard back via email or phone yet (05/29/2020 @ 12:30 AM). I will provide an update when I know more.
I am similarly in the dark regarding this cold air intake. I assume based on the weld that it is custom. I do not know if anyone sells such intakes for a K series engine swapped Prelude (not a popular swap). So, hopefully I will get more details on this at some point as well. Looks like it has a large diameter to it, so hopefully not particularly restrictive.
Fuel regulator and motor mount closeup.
This appears to show the top of the JRZ coilovers mounted. Also some of the RyWire harness and wiring.
There also appears to be a FUELAB in-line fuel filter. Not sure on part number as I do not recall ordering this, so hopefully I will get details at some point.
Clearly progress is being made. At the same time I wish I had fewer questions about some of the parts being used and why some of the parts I had previously ordered and provided are not being used. Hopefully some of my confusion will be resolved soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment