Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Auto Show Philadelphia 2015 (Thoughts / Reflections)

A few thoughts from Auto Show Philadelphia 2015:

I am really liking the trend from most of the automakers to now put the side mirrors on the door panels beneath the window line as opposed to in the corner of the A pillar and the window line.
I think the new approach looks a lot better and I sometimes find the little triangle of window provided helpful in parking and visibility wise.
I like this trend and I hope more manufacturers move toward this.


I think it's a bit of a farce, especially on models that are in the mid to upper twenty thousand range and up when they do not include at least halogen projection headlights.
The focusing of the headlight beams in terms of safety is great and when coupled with well aimed HID, LED, or even now laser technology it makes for superior visibility at night and thereby a very good feature.
I'm not happy that the Civic Si, Ford Focus ST, and Fiesta ST lack this. I am especially dissatisfied that the VW Golf GTI weighing in as the most costly and from the company group that has some of the most fantastic LED matrix and laser headlights (Audi) on the market and that essentially the most iconic car in the VW group for enthusiasts has crap headlights. I don't get it.

It would be nice to see Honda and Acura get their fun back, I still miss the Prelude and Integra / RSX.
It would also be nice if they showed the NSX because it is their halo car.

Overall Auto Show Philadelphia was nice but it lacked the automotive star power that the last show I was at (in Detroit) had. Though it was nice to see McLaren with an actual display.

That said, I'll probably go again next year assuming I'm still in the area and continue to pester the representatives about having more manual transmissions offered.

Now it's just a question of whether or not I want to go to the New York show.

No comments:

Post a Comment