Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Auto Show Philadelphia 2015 (Non-Manufacturer Displays)

These are photos of the non-manufacturer displays at Auto Show Philadelphia 2015.
I'm going to be a lot less thorough in identifying the models here because frankly I don't know them as well and not sure I want to spend the time hunting them down.

The Workshop School





Custom built car, carbon fiber exterior made by the students. We had a conversation with one of the body guys.

Classic car that I'm not sure how to identify
(#1)


With hindsight I probably should have taken some pictures of the identifying boards and placards.

I think it's a MG of a sort
(#2)



It kind of reminds me of the more modern Morgan vehicles.

Porsche 911 Targa




I had an absolutely terrible time capturing this car in a good picture. It's a gorgeous car. But yeah, perhaps I should have swapped lenses. I was most unsuccessful with this car.

Staver Model ER Roadster



Ford Model T




Another one I don't recognize
(#3)

Feel free and fill me in!

And another...
(#4)


And yet another...
(#5)


Dodge Super Bee

And again another I don't recognize (this time a bad image)
(#6)




I don't know this one either...
(#7)


Or this one...
(#8)


Racer of some sort...
(#9)


And another one I don't know...
(#10)


Piggy back of ones I don't know...
(#11)


I don't know this one either...
(#12)



Chevrolet Camaro (old school)


Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (old style)



Ford Mustang Super Snake Shelby



Chevrolet Corvette ZR1



Austin-Healey 100




Another one I'm not sure about...
(#13)


Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Gullwing



Plymouth Roadrunner Superbird

That wing!

Not sure what this is...
(#14)


Looks kind of cool though.

No idea, but it has been severely modded.
(#15)


Plymouth Cuda


Dodge Challenger R/T


Shelby GT350




Ford Mustang (modified)

Ford Mustang Mach 1

 
Buick Grand National


Ford Fiesta ST (modified)


MG something
(#16)




Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution (modified)


Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X (modified)



BMW M3 (modified)


Lancia Beta Coupe


Mercedes-Benz (modified)
(#17)


Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce



Chevrolet Corvette (modified)


Honda Civic Si (old school)

I honestly love this style Honda Civic and the Si is all the better. Also, rear seats look far more useful than on the Honda Prelude.

Subaru Legacy (modified)


Triumph TR6


BMW M3 GTRS3 (modified)


Lotus Elise



TVR Tasmin



Subaru SVX (modified)




So I'm not a fan of the stanced wheels or the seemingly copper plated rims. But, the LED headlight retrofit looks awesome to me. And that engine bay being blacked out and that Subaru H6 are very well done. I think it is fantastically well done.

Mercedes-Benz Unimog

Yeah, this thing is kind of a monster.


I've numbered all the images which I don't know. They've been numbered in parenthesis.
Please feel free and comment with the numbering identifying those vehicles which I was unable to identify myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment