Search This Blog

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Ceras Victoria (Honda Prelude), Fender Remodeling

As mentioned before... the fenders on Ceras Victoria's ugly side sometime scrape the good rubber making for fun noises and interesting smells. This usually happens when the car is particularly loaded with stuff during left turns or big bumps.

Being really annoyed I took a hammer to it. Originally I was planning on reshaping the wheel well back to its original shape but that proved too difficult due to the folds in the metal.

I therefore hammered it up and out of the way, which helped a lot when the car is empty.
Also, to compensate for this, I'm known to left foot brake over bumps to shift weight forward and prevent wheel scrape. I think it sometimes drives cars behind me on the freeways crazy.

Pictures now...

Start...












































































































































































































Finish...

Some cutting with some metal shears I have. A lot of hammering and a lot of sweat. I went for about four and a half hours before I quite. I think I did well.

Not shown is a bit of work I did to the front wheel well. There were some tabs hanging down that were scraping. Those got knocked up and back.

And now to honor the tools used.
















































They were unblemished, clean, and new when I started. They're a bit marred now. They did good work though.


Moving forward...
I am contemplating using a reciprocating saw and cutting the metal off around the wheel well and hammering the edges so they are not sharp. We'll see if and when I get to this.

These are all stop gaps, what really needs to be done is replace the rear and front quarter panels, passenger door too, or get a new car. I do not have the money to have it done professionally. I already have a second car (project car, Nausicaa). Unfortunately I lack the tools to do the panels myself. So, I'm not sure what the endgame is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment