Search This Blog

Saturday, September 30, 2017

Ceras Victoria, 1994 Honda Prelude Si, Ownership by Numbers

My 1994 Honda Prelude Si, named Ceras Victoria, has been gone for over three years now.
But, in preparation for a long term ownership review of my 2014 Subaru BRZ, Cagalli Yula, which is long overdue now, I thought I would try my best at incorporating spreadsheets into a Blogger post. This is a first for me.
The car back in happier days when I only owned a properly crappy cell phone with a not very good camera...
As follows are some of the spreadsheets I keep for each of my vehicles.
Two important notes:
1) You are probably going to need to use arrow keys for side scrolling, you can scroll up and down with mouse scroll; and
2)  Above each table is a direct link to a Google Sheets version of the document (copied from the original Excel).
This first one is the Fuel spreadsheet:

26.064 MPG average during ownership.
$3.206 USD was the average price I paid for a gallon of gas.
Over 5 yeas, 5 months, and 8 days of ownership I put roughly 29,675.9 miles on the car (this excludes whatever was put on the final tank of gas).

I recently spent some time to put the fuel information up on Fuelly. As I have stated before, I really like Fuelly, and contributing to it, because I think it provides a good real world expected fuel efficiency for a given car model. Granted it is limited to those who self report. But I still think it has value over the EPA estimates.
When you are logged in you can get this lifetime fuel consumption chart they may for you (yes, I know I could make my own with all my Excel data):

This next chart tracks all of this car's Oil Changes:

Okay, knowing more now I probably would not have used Stop Leak or other oil treatments. But hey, you get to make mistakes with your first car, right?
I feel like Cagalli Yula's oil change sheet is a lot less sketchy... Then again, I bought her new and not with 170,000 miles on the odometer.

Lastly is my Services sheet:

Back when I owned Ceras Victoria I was not keeping track of oil changes on both the Oil Change and Service spreadsheets. By the time I go Cagalli Yula I decided the Service sheet would be a complete service sheet, not just non-oil service. I still like having the Oil Change sheet separate though because it is a quick and less busy reference for the most routine maintenance that my car needs.

If you found any of these charts helpful and would like a copy to keep your own records let me know.
Also, in addition to these I have a binder with each service receipt for the car (which I eventually will get around to scanning and digitizing). I keep the binder for when I go to sell the car so that the next owner can have a complete service record.

As always, questions and comments welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment