Search This Blog

Friday, September 9, 2016

Cagalli Yula, Line-X of Cumberland County, Krown Rust Proofing

Krown provides a rust proofing treatment that is applied annually. The reviews on it are very good, they have been in a business for a long time, if it is something you are interested in it is worth looking up. I use it on my daily driven Subaru BRZ because I would like the chassis and body to last a good long time rust free.
If you get the car treated early enough, i.e. within 6 months of purchase, Krown will guarantee the car to be rust free for life.


This is certainly something worth considering for a daily driven car, its benefits would be far lower on a summer only car that is not exposed to salt (road or sea).
While Krown is a household name in Canada and extremely common there in the US they are practically unknown. Even though they have been in business for over 30 years the original agreement they had in the US was with a contractor who decided only to do government / military contracts.
As such numerous US military vehicles have been treated with Krown but US consumer franchises are few and far between.

But to get my car treated it was a 100+ mile road trip (one way) to get it treated at Line-X of Cumberland Country.
The first time I had the car treated I had them do it without drilling.
This time I allowed them to drill which is why I have all the images of the rubber plugs.
The key deciding factors for me in this case were that the car is daily driven, it has been through two accidents, and at this point I think it is worth having it drilled and seeing how the actual drill holes hold up over time when evaluating drilling versus not drilling on a new purchase or other car in the future.
So this is kind of my personal test bed.
Now I do have one gripe about this experience.
Line-X of Cumberland County offers a free foam car wash (they spray and hose the car) for you when you have it treated. I would skip it in the future.
It left a residue on my car that I ended up buffing out with my spot detailing spray and buffed with microfiber. Unfortunately there is still some dried foaming agent on the interior of the windshield. Unfortunately this mucked up an otherwise fantastic detailing job by On-Site Detailing.
But the rust proofing is good and I will just skip any washes in the future. Everything else would lend me to suggest using Krown and Line-X of Cumberland County.

No comments:

Post a Comment