Search This Blog

Sunday, April 17, 2016

Marking Your Oil Filter

As I have likely stated in a previous post where my wife and I currently live doing car repairs is heavily frowned upon and can get us a fine. So, for the time being, this means we take our cars elsewhere for all major and minor servicing.
One thing which is both fun and silly to do is to mark your oil filter so that you know it gets replaces (or at least the mechanics spend the time to wipe off your marking). This way you can ask to see the old filter / check the filter the next time you get an oil change to make sure you in fact had the oil filter changed as you paid for.

To my knowledge I have not had a problem with this. But, as you can see, you can have fun with it.
Others certainly have had trouble with it and there all kinds of alarming investigative news reports out there and clips on YouTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment