Search This Blog

Friday, February 26, 2016

Geico / Cavallo Auto Body (Chadds Ford) Repair Experience

My car was in need of repair due to the accident on 01/12/2016.
I had a good experience with Cavallo Auto Body (Chadds Ford) before when I had paint chips repaired, so I decided I would have this repair done there as well.
I dropped the car off on 01/15/2016 and got this rental. I got the car back on 02/17/2016. The repair took a while.

What I missed most about my car was the steering. If you hold the wheel at 9 and 3 or 10 and 2 and you make a 90 degree turn it takes ~180 degrees of turning from a dead stop and ~90 degrees of turning pretty well anywhere above 5-10 MPH. This is so much nicer than all rentals I've driven recently where right and left turns, especially low speed ones, require lots of steering wheel cranking.
These photos were taken with my new circular polarizing filter.


The Geico repair adjuster was extremely prompt and proactive during this repair.
During this repair they were able to remove some adhesive that was left from the last repair on the front driver side quarter panel.
Also, they were able to get rid of some residue of some sort that was left near the door hinge.
Back in October 2015 I had Line-X of Cumberland County coat my panels with Krown, a rust proofing product popular in Canada for 30 years now.
When I dropped off my car at Cavallo Auto Body I left a can of Krown Rust Protection & Lubricant that had been given to me by Line-X at the time of my rust proofing.
They did me the favor of applying the Krown to the interior of the new door panel.
As you can hopefully tell by now, the repair came out very well.
After I picked up the car on 02/17/2016 I had extra wind noise from the driver side door.
After a bit of time arranging a time when Cavallo had a free time slot to look at it I brought the car back on 02/26/2016.
I thought maybe the door seals were messed up. They test drove the car and determined that the window needed to be adjusted.
Apparently the window main door window and the smaller triangle window are adjustable up and down. Depending on that adjustment it can greatly increase or decrease road / wind noise.
Car was done. Wind noise back to normal.

Now I just get to wait and find out if this accident affects my insurance premium when I next renew in July.

No comments:

Post a Comment