Search This Blog

Saturday, October 3, 2015

Delaware Auto Show 2015

Well, I suppose I should have had high expectations for the Delaware Auto Show. It was very small. For the most part there were very few manufacturer representatives or much display work. A few manufacturers had displays and people talk to, but for the most part not many.
On the bright side most cars were open to sit in that were present. This included a Porsche Panamera Hybrid, which I think are normally closed at auto shows on public days, but I'm not certain.


The lighting was kind of horrendous (even for a convention center). I apologize for glare and shaky cam.
So the main things I take away from this is 1) the monopod I've ordered for my camera would like be useful here and 2)  I should really probably invest in a circular polarizer filter for my camera so that I can eliminate light glare from a lot of my car shots. So, I'll put that on the to-do list.

At this show the mast majority of exotica and hot cars were provided by Imagine Lifestyles Luxury Rentals, the Philadelphia branch. You know, in case you want to rent an exotic...

That said, not a whole lot a shots from this show, but here they are:

Chevrolet Corvette C7 Z06

Jaguar F-Type S AWD
Jaguar F-Type S AWD


Aston Martin DB7 (I don't see these often at auto shows)

Alfa Romeo 4C

Dodge Viper R/T 10

Suzuki GSX-R1000
Suzuki GSX-R1000

Ford Mustang Shelby GT350
Ford Mustang Shelby GT350
Ford Mustang Shelby GT350

Audi S7
Audi S7

Audi S7 (My wife seems to like the visibility out of this car and the trunk space is surprisingly large.)

Audi R8

BMW i3 (So opening these doors if you're only in the back seems really awkward...)

BMW i3

Subaru WRX (My wife really likes the visibility from this car. I'm just hoping Subaru power bumps and re-releases a hatchback version to take on the Ford Focus RS. That would probably be our next car. Though I'm not wild about the lack of port injection. I really wish these used the same heads as the FA20D in the Subaru BRZ.)

Shelby Cobra 427

Polaris Slingshot

Polaris Slingshot (I think the center of mass is probably higher than I'd like on one of these ultra lights. These seem much taller than an Ariel Atom, KTM X-Bow, or any of the Caterham cars, so I don't know how I feel about this. It also looks like riding position and center of mass is higher than the Morgan three wheeler.)

Polaris Slingshot

Mazda MX-5 Miata

Mazda MX-5 Miata (My wife and I both have a soft spot for the Miata but always question livability. I think we'd have trouble doing a grocery run with this. But I took a few shots of the boot / trunk because it's something rarely shown on this car.)

Mazda MX-5 Miata
Nissan GT-R (So this was king of funny but it was next to one of the few manufacturer displays  at the show which showed a GT-R Nismo but this was a normal GT-R so it was rather amusing.)
Nissan GT-R
Nissan GT-R


I probably should have photographed the Nissan Maxima just because of how ridiculous it is. Many curves, perhaps overly aggressive, and a pretty nice interior. So missed opportunity I guess.

As for the auto show in general some of it was inside, probably a third of it was in a tent. It was really quite small and probably not really necessary to make future visits.

No comments:

Post a Comment