Search This Blog

Friday, May 22, 2015

Cagalli Yula (Subaru BRZ), Paint Chip Repair

I recently got some chipped paint, from rocks hitting the car and other road / highway debris, so as to prevent future rusting.
I had Cavallo Auto Body do the work.

There were a fair amount of places where the paint was chipped primarily on the hood and front fenders and some scratches on the passenger doors.
All in all I'm probably 85-90% happy with the work done. The cost was $200. And the focus was really future rust protection rather than immaculate repair. I'm likely going to save up for a Xpel protective wrap at some point. Also I'd eventually like to replace hood and front fenders with carbon fiber and have painted WRC Blue to look stock, so I'm really only concerned with rust prevention at the moment.

Also I had a dent removed by Carisma, Auto Specialties, Inc. who did a great job. It cost me less than $70. It fixed the problem. It was really interesting watching Wayne work the hood with something that looked like a screwdriver with a bent shaft and than tap with a rubber driver. He did great work. Unfortunately I have no good before and after shots.

Also, in examining the paint there's some swirl and I can't wait until I can start doing real work again. I'd like to try my hand at doing a complete detail including paint correction.

Anyways, pictures for those who want.

Before:
Taken with DSLR camera:
I miss having a garage and the pollen has been crazy.











Taken with phone's camera (sometimes these do better at close up than the fancier lenses and cameras):







Any time before I drop a car off for service I usually snap a shot of my odometer and fuel gauge. This is just in case anything is funky after you pick your car up. It's a just in case evidentiary habit I have. Same with keeping my most recent fuel receipt in the car with me. I also generally also take a picture after I pick my car up.

After:
Taken with phone's camera:








No comments:

Post a Comment