Search This Blog

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Fairlane Club Of America National Meet 2014

Driving home from running an errand I noticed a lot of trailers and classic looking cars parked in parking lot of a hotel near where I live.
Previously there had been Mustang meets there.
So, I grabbed my camera, walked across the lot, and inquired as to what was going on.
Turns out the Fairlane Club Of America National Meet 2014 was going on, so, I decided to take some pictures.

Lots of old cars, many in really good shape, primarily Ford Fairlanes (as the club name would indicate).
Lots of American muscle, Cobrajet engines, a few Boss engines, some supercharger, and even one that was a modern block with a Roush supercharger with coil packs for the ignition system.

Anyways, here are the pictures...






The owner of the following car was a lot of fun to talk to about the modifications he made.
Supercharger, coilover suspension, Wilwood brakes, matte finish on the inside of the wheels, transmission cooler, ceramic coated headers, etc. etc.
One of the cooled mods though was the fabricated brace that allowed the supercharger pipe to go through it.
The owner acknowledged he could have gone more extreme but he wanted the stock hood to close.
Also supposed to be good for 700 HP.















If you look at the image enlarged you can see the "Boss" name on the headers.


This one was pretty different, one of the only one I saw with fuel injection. Fuel injection and supercharger.






By far one of the more interesting builds.
Roush supercharger, but if you look closely it seems like it has coil packs on the ignition system, very different in a classic lot. Also, matte black paint (a friend of mine likes this a lot).






According to the owners this one produces 1000 HP and they don't use the NOS tanks in the back.
Also unusual for having two Optima yellow tops in the trunk.





I didn't get a power figure for this one.
I imagine it is large.










This wasn't part of the meet necessarily, my guess is a kit car, though I'm not 100 % sure. Still is gorgeous!




One of my friends is a really big Corvette fan, so, took a few pictures of a Stingray sitting in the lot.




Having read a few too many articles recently about social media, free web hosting, and what they will do with your photos I decided it might be worth my while to start watermarking with a copyright.
If you'd like a clean copy or a RAW version contact me either through the comments or any other method available through Blogspot.

No comments:

Post a Comment