Search This Blog

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Ceras Victoria (Honda Prelude), Motor Mounts (Part 2)

So, fixing the rear motor mount was a bit on the tough side. Last weekend I tried to do this myself and I did not succeed.

Two of my coworkers assisted me, special thanks to Jason and Daniel.

In the foreground there's a piece of slag from the break bar. The break bar was dropped across the battery terminals resulting in some sparks and a bit of fire. Luckily it didn't drain much from the battery.

























The mount on the left was the first one I ordered from RockAuto.com. While 3 out of 4 mounts I ordered fit without issue, this 4th one had bolt holes to mount to the frame piece that were too small. So, after taking the old one out, and being bit by plenty of mosquitoes, the old one went back in. This was all Wednesday night.

The cracks are not super visible in this case on the mount that came out, I'd probably need another camera shot. Needless to say, it was pretty shot.

In the end, being tired of the job, I had Sears Automotive Center do the replacement. And so it is done.
Next up, CV half shafts.

No comments:

Post a Comment