Search This Blog

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Ceras Victoria (Honda Prelude), Salvage (Part I)

Now that I have Cagalli Yula [2014 Subaru BRZ Limited] as my daily driver I am now in the process of salvaging parts from Ceras Victoria [1994 Honda Prelude Si] for use on Nausicaa [1993 Honda Prelude VTEC] which is my project car.

Exterior pictures before I started taking things apart:






Spoiler, tail lights, and some trunk lining removed:




Interior pictures before I started taking things apart:


 Turn signals removed:


Interior pictures after driver's seat removed:

Sun visors and "oh shit handle" removed:

 Exterior picture of the rear of the car when calling it a night:



So here's the list of what I plan on removing:


  • Rear bumper, if in good shape (was not in good shape)
  • Rear spoiler (done)
  • Center console
  • Dashboard
  • Turn signals (done)
  • Tail lights (done)
  • Wheels and tires
  • Sunroof
  • Front seats (1/2 done)
  • Floor mats
  • Sun visors (done)
  • Spark plug wires
  • Interior door panels (maybe)
  • Wire harnesses (maybe, if I'm really ambitious)
  • Headlights (maybe, for eBay if I do)

So yeah, got some work done. Once I get what I'll need it'll be off to the junk yard for what's left.

Also, the bolt for the front passenger seat that is on the rear of the seat and toward the door is proving a royal pain and I think it's a combination of thread lock, cold, and terrible access. Basically you have to go straight down on top of it, except the seat and its rail are in the way, so, I'm going to need to play with this more. Consider me highly annoyed by that.

No comments:

Post a Comment